Hi Craiga2124 -- we are excited to have Chip's Challenge Wiki as part of the Wikia community!
Starting a new wiki can be a big job, but don't worry, the Wikia Community Team is here to help! We have put together a few guides to getting started. They say imitation is the best form of flattery so absolutely check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, ways to organize your content, etc. We are all one big family at Wikia and the most important thing is to have fun!
- Our guide to Getting Started gives you 5 things you can do right now to set your wiki up for success
- We also put together some Advice On Starting a Wiki which provides a more a in-depth look at some of the important things you should consider when building a wiki
- If you are new to wikis in general than we recommend checking our new user FAQ
Now, go edit! We look forward to seeing this project thrive!
Best wishes, Catherine Munro
I'm Richard1990. I'm a Helper who specializes in Gaming Wikis. I want to cheer you on for having started a new gaming-related wiki, and see if there is anything I can help a fellow Wikian with. So if you need help with any thing, don't hesitate to ask!
I've got some tips for you here:
- Main Page protection – Wikia has a general policy of not protecting the Main Page unless it is the target of recurring heavy vandalism. For more info, check out Help:Main page on Wikia Help.
- Main Page title – You will notice that the Main Page of your wiki (the page that appears when you click on your wiki's logo) will be "<subject> Wiki". This is to improve your wiki's Google rank, so it is recommended that you do not change the name of that page. For more info, check out Advice:Raising your wiki's Google ranking at Wikia Help.
- Logo - If you need help making logos for your wiki, you can ask for help at this forum thread. For the Monaco and Monobook skin you can upload a 135 x 155 pixels image to Image:Wiki.png.
- Your user page – Use your user page to introduce yourself to other new visitors, so the wiki has a more personal feeling to it and luring visitors to stay and become involved. People without a userpage do not get listed in the "Featured users" listing no matter how active they are, so make sure you add something to your user page to appear in there!
- Wikia Gaming IRC – There is a Wikia gaming IRC channel, #wikia-gaming, where you can hop on, ask for help from users of other gaming wikis, or offer your own experiences. You can access it from http://irc.wikia.com/gaming, or connect to it by your own client at irc://irc.freenode.net/wikia-gaming. Different people may be on sporadically, though you're free to ask them for any help.
Hi, Craiga. There's no need for the rollback group because the ability to rollback edits is included automatically in the sysop group. Rollback is meant for people who are not sysops, so that they have a quicker way to revert vandalism. --Charitwo 23:30, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
- Oh ok. I'll fix that right away! 23:32, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
No problem :) If you need any more help, just ask!21:25, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
OK, thanks!23:53, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
RS players and CC players are usually polar opposites, yet here are two fellow players of both! I've only ever met one other CC player throughout my 4 years of scaping...I'll have to get around to adding you and icy. ^_^
Jamesa7171 05:47, 6 December 2008 (UTC)Jamesa7171